There are too many recorded incidents to dismiss dreams as mere ‘vestiges of the day’ that get projected on the silver screen of the mind at night. For example, dreams have foretold impending deaths, saved people from certain fatalities, selfmanagedsuperfund helped solve complicated problems, helped achieve some astonishing discoveries and inventions and have even turned the fortunes of many.
Our own experience also points to the fact that, at times, dreams do try to tell us something vital or important, but we are unable to comprehend them. The problem is that dreams don’t speak our lingo. They speak in symbols nadiya and require thorough knowledge of dream interpretation or a competent dream expert for interpretation.
In my years of experience in interpreting dreams, I have gained some immense insights into the meanings and workings of dreams. There are many, who claim that they don’t dream. We all do, only many of us don’t remember them on waking up.
Let us see some common dreams that snake bite dream meaning most of us have dreamt at some point in our lives:
– Exam dreams: Whether we are brilliant in studies or less than average performers, we cannot deny having had those frightful examination dreams. These run something like this: We are unable to reach the examination hall and the clock is ticking away; our pen just refuses to work; we just don’t seem to comprehend the question paper or recall the answers…the variations are endless. Fortunately, such dreams are not related to examinations at all. They suggest that we are being tested or scrutinised in some way in our waking lives. These may also be related to our self-esteem and confidence or the lack of it.
– Chase dreams: Who has not broken into a cold sweat running scared from an assailant or a murderous mob in dreams? Howsoever fast we ran, the pursuer always seemed to catch up. At the exact moment of getting caught, we woke up with a start! Although these dreams can arise from an actual fear of being attacked, they often stem from our feelings of anxiety in waking life. These dreams indicate avoidance or running away from some unpalatable situation, rather than confronting it. These dreams are more common in women due to their physical vulnerability.
– Naked dreams: Turning crimson with embarrassment on finding ourselves completely or partially naked in public in our dreams generally leaves us unsettled on waking up. Such dreams are often a reflection of our lack of confidence or self-esteem in real life. We may be hiding something and are afraid that others might discover it by seeing right through us. Nudity also symbolises our fear of getting caught or exposed in something that we have done. This dream can have variations, which can range from embarrassment to feeling proud about your nakedness in public. Each, of course, has different interpretation.
– Falling dreams: Almost all of us have experienced getting scared out of our wits while plunging down from dizzying heights in our dreams. No amount of convincing can rid us of the fear that we will not actually die if we do not wake up before we hit the ground! Falling can be of two types – one when we wake up alarmed before we hit the ground, the other when we do a soft landing, slowing just before the point of impact. Both have different interpretations. Generally, falling is an indication of insecurity, instability and anxiety. Such dreams occur when we feel overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in our waking lives.
– Dreams of losing teeth: Dreams of falling teeth are quite common. These may take the form of teeth crumbling in our hands or falling out one by one with just a light tap. Such dreams not only horrify and shock us, but often leave us with a lasting image. It was thought that such dreams represented malnutrition, which may have been true for some dreamers. Actually, such dreams reflect our anxiety about appearance and how others perceive us. Don’t we all fall for that dazzling smile! Teeth are used for biting and chewing and represent power. To dream of losing teeth indicates powerlessness in some current situation.
Alas, dreams are certainly not limited to these themes. Just anything can be encountered in the windows of our mind. We are sometimes left perplexed by the very nature of our dreams – Why did I see a snake in my dream? What was my long lost friend, mbappe vriendin whom I had forgotten, doing in my dream? What was that woman, whom I had met only once, getting excited about in my dream? How did I explain this mind-boggling problem so simply and accurately in my dream? The dream content is infinite.
All dream imagery is symbolic. Each dream symbol is person specific. In other words, what a symbol represents for one person can have an entirely different meaning for another. This is the reason why dream dictionaries generally prove useless. Of course, a common streak runs through all symbols, but they have to be interpreted in the context of the dream content.
But, if you can relate the changes happening in your life to the kind of dreams you are dreaming, you can certainly take a step towards understanding the meaning. It will help you immensely by putting your mind at ease.
So, don’t let your dreams go waste, you never know what you will unravel. Great opportunities and fortunes await those who are able to interpret their dreams.